1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bring a pet to school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by karentee, Mar 1, 2011.

1. karentee

karentee New commenter

I am planning a topic on animals for my KS2 class and would like to include a 'bring your pet to school day' It is National Pet Month apparently in April so this could tie in. But...I'm need to think of the practicalities of this of course, has anyone ever done this? I'm thinking that it would need a timetable but I'm not sure if the children might have pet overload by the end of the day, any feedback or ideas would be appreciated (if not it might just have to be 'bring a photo of your pet' but it doesn't have quite the same impact!

2. karentee

karentee New commenter

I am planning a topic on animals for my KS2 class and would like to include a 'bring your pet to school day' It is National Pet Month apparently in April so this could tie in. But...I'm need to think of the practicalities of this of course, has anyone ever done this? I'm thinking that it would need a timetable but I'm not sure if the children might have pet overload by the end of the day, any feedback or ideas would be appreciated (if not it might just have to be 'bring a photo of your pet' but it doesn't have quite the same impact!

3. It's such a lovely idea but you need to run it past your headteacher. In the past it would have worked easily but nowadays, you have all the allergy issues, health and safety problems, risk assessment etc etc