1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BRIGHTON UNI - PGCE ENGLISH SECONDARY

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Miss_Qatar, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Hi guys...has anyone had an interveiw at Brighton uni for English Secondary, if so, what was it like? what did they ask you to do? was the interview spread out over the course of the day?
    my degree was in English Language and Lingusitics - wee bit worried whether i'm going to find it hard seeing as though the English literature content on my degree was only 30% [​IMG]

2. Hi there,
    Not sure if you have had your interview or not yet. I had mine back in January and was lucky enough to get a place. I blogged about my interview here which you might find helpful if you are still preparing.
    I was asked what I covered in my degree as mine was in a subject my interviewer was unfamiliar with (Comparative Literary Studies), to see where gaps in my knowledge were. In all honesty though my interviewer was more interested in whether or not I got what it meant to be a teacher.
    Good luck and hopefully I will see you in September :)