1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brighton GTP interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ssingle, Feb 6, 2011.

1. I have an interview on Mon 14th Feb 2011 at Brighton Uni for the GTP. Has anyone on here got any advice for things to prep for? I know that we have a numeracy and literacy test, a group task and then an interview. If anyone on here has got some advice or ideally if someone has been through this interview process at Brighton then please get in touch. So desperately want to go into teaching, doing loads of reading but bit worried about my maths knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Good luck for Wednesday too. Not travelling far but will have a car. Just going to make sure that I get there early for a parking space. I met up with a student who is currently on the course at Brighton and she gave me a few pointers, e.g current issues in education, why do you want to go into teaching etc. They didn't do a numeracy test last year though.
    Let me know how you get on. If we are both successful then we'll obviously meet up at some point in the course.
    Best of luck
    Sadie

3. Hope your interviews went well on Monday, did it last all day?
    Emma

4. Hi there,
    Anyone found out yet about the GTP interviews at Brighton Uni?
    Does anyone have an interview for the GTP through ESCC?
    S.

5. smugglers

smugglers New commenter

I haven't heard yet. It's nail-biting. Hopefully soon. I think they said up to two weeks?
    K

6. I know it is nerve racking !!

One of the Tutors said to us probably within a week, so on that basis I have emailed the administrator to ask whether they have gone out - but also because they originally send the invite to interview to the wrong email address. I've not heard anything yet but will let you know.

Good Luck

P