1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Brief Questionnaire for teachers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by AeroAsh, May 6, 2011.

1. Dear Teachers,

I am an aerospace engineering student in my final year. One of the modules I am working through relates to setting up an enterprise, on paper. It involves creating a proposal document and being scrutinised by "potential investors" in a Dragon's Den type interview. The service our enterprise provides relates strongly with the people on this forum. I need to get some market research done, and would appreciate it if you could respond to the following questionnaire. Note that any additional response would be greatly appreciated.

Research is being conducted so as to look at the feasibility of setting up a company to provide a service for educational establishments. The company will provide professionals to give inspirational talks to students about the wonders of science, about the big ideas, and how they will play a key role in providing solutions to some of the tremendous challenges we face this century. The intention is to also help students realise that science is not just some subject they study in school and leave behind after their final exam, but that it is a way of critically, sceptically, and rationally engaging the world around them. It is felt that in the current syllabus, that concentrates too quickly on the technicalities, it is difficult for teachers to find the time to provide these insights. Other than helping develop enthusiasm and thus excellence in students, it is felt that such a service would help enhance the reputation of an educational establishment.

1.) Would you be interested in such speakers at your school?
    2.) If so, are there subjects other than science you would want explored?
    3.) How much do you think your establishment would be willing to pay for a speaker that is a Professor/Doctor from a university (hourly)?
    4.) How much do you think your establishment would be willing to pay for a professional within their industry (hourly)?
    5.) The speaker may want to promote their products, such as software or books suitable for the students. Would your establishment be willing to help inform parents?

Thank you!