1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brexit?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by percy topliss, Jun 23, 2018.

1. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Established commenter

43% of all the UK's exports go to the EU, only between 8 and 18% of the EU's exports come to the UK....so the simple answer is the UK has more to lose.

2. february31st

february31st Established commenter

I should imagine 18% of EU exports is a lot of money to lose when the UK cuts of imports from the EU. Thats 18% exports from 26 different countries the UK imports, again the EU has more to lose.

3. dumbbells66

So where is it going to get things from? Australia? The US? India? They are a lot further away than the EU, and who do you think will be footing the bill for transporting it all here?
    Breshit logic...you have to love it. We'll just over night not need anything from anyone in europe.

Mr_Frosty and lottee1000 like this.
  4. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

THICK FOG IN THE CHANNEL CONTINENT CUT OFF

JL48, percy topliss and miketribe like this.
  5. fordseries123

fordseries123 New commenter

It's exactly this kind of arrogance and comments that caused this mess in the first place. If the political elite had listened to some of the genuine concerns of the majority in regards to sovereignty and immigration, I believe this could have been avoid. Labelling the people who voted as idiots simply compounds the trouble we are in when we should be trying to come together to make the best of this difficult situation.

6. dumbbells66

I personally have no problem calling these people what they are. The shear level of ignorance is unbelievable. They need to be thoroughly ashamed of the damage they have caused. I am still to hear one single logical and rational idea why Breshit is a good idea.

spanboy and Capricorn2412 like this.
  7. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Its called Democracy, the most votes won the argument.

Just like in 1977 when we voted into the EU, in 2018 we voted out.

Laughing Gravy likes this.
  8. dumbbells66

Well thank god for the younger far more sensible generation that will correct this utter farce and vote us back in to the EU in about 2 years.

9. tjh102

tjh102 Occasional commenter

I think two years might be optimistic, dumbbells. Look how long it takes the government to do anything. I do feel a Yes, Minister rewatch coming on.

percy topliss likes this.
  10. dumbbells66

Im just counting on the present government imploding. They seem to be doing an excellent job of self destruction at the moment, then there will have to be a general election. Then thankfully this utter embarresment and farce of brexshit can be put behind us. Lets hope we have a country left to save. These brexshiteers have made a once great country a complete laughing stock. Perhaps we should vote to remove the "Great" for Great Britain, because what these Brexshiteers have done to us it isnt great anymore......any suggestions for its replacement? I have a few, but i dont think they would get through moderation

11. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

The Great is a geographical term. It has nothing to do with Land of Hope and Glory. There is already a term for the small-mindedness that led to the bvggers' muddle of Brexit: Little England.

12. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Occasional commenter

I think it's inevitable we rejoin, under significantly less favourable terms, but I think it'll take 15-20 years.

nemo. likes this.