1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brent Pool interview

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by aminaali444, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Help! I have an interview with Brent NQT pool for primary. They have asked me to prepare a 5mins presentation about why I want to work for the borough and what I can offer. Does anyone have any idea what sort of questions they might ask at interview?
    Thanks in advance,
    Amy
    xx

2. Help! I have an interview with Brent NQT pool for primary. They have asked me to prepare a 5mins presentation about why I want to work for the borough and what I can offer. Does anyone have any idea what sort of questions they might ask at interview?
    Thanks in advance,
    Amy
    xx

3. HI Amy!
    I got onto the Brent pool last year. It was actually less daunting than I thought it would be. The presentation is just very informal. I mentioned about the diversity of the area (if you don't know look on the Brent website and it says all about the different cultural mix of Brent - Carribbean, Irish, Portuguese, Somali etc). I also mentioned a small research project I did for uni about provision for children with EAL in school, something I am quite passionate about. Mentioned doing a 3 week placement in a special needs school and what I learnt form that. Can't remember much more of my speech, just remember nto saying half the things I aimed to say.(By the way it is just you and the 2 interviewers, you are not speaking in front of other candidates). I know some of the candidates brought along some of their lesson observation feedback forms and some lesson plans which I thought was a good idea. Now trying to remember the questions they asked me. I remember one was what had I done in my placement to improve the children's reading. I was also asked to talk about a lesson that went well and why. It really was qute informal, but maybe that was just my interviewers. JUst relax, be yourself and be very positive about your experiences so far.

Good luck![​IMG]

4. Good Luck Amy!

I have an interview with the Brent Primary NQT pool too! I think the main thing will be to ensure we include our teaching experiences in our answers. Reflection is crucial for new and experienced teachers, and I am sure that the panel will look for that in our answers.

All the best!