1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

breast reduction!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mrs Mo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. You've resigned and are leaving anyway ... Personally I'd just go ahead and do it. Tell them you have to go into hospital ... Good luck - hope your op goes well. I'm sure you'll feel fab once you've had your reduction.

2. ask about the policy on sick leave. Then write to HT and CoG about this matter. You're having a procedure for a medical reason, not mere vanity. Would they refuse to give you sick pay if you had a hip replacement?

3. I had this procedure done during my NQT year and I got full sick pay.
    Good luck! Has worked brilliantly for me.

4. Another thing to consider - where are you going to work abroad? It could save your mother plenty a dollar if you get this work done in certain countries. In fact, probably most will do the work cheaper (and often just as well, if not better than in the UK). Other reason I say this is you can then relate the aftercare to your actual location. Of course, we hope there will be no problems.....but you don't really want to be in Timbuktu trying to get the aftercare you may need in London.....

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I know this is probably obvious....but have you explained to your school that this is not a cosmetic procedure but a medical one?
    (There are still a fair number of people who don't realise that huge breasts are not an unmitigated pleasure!)