1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Breaking into the overseas job market

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by jdp53, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hi,
    , Saudi Arabia and Italy. I made a career switch a while back so, for the last 10 years, I’ve been employed in IT project management (I have a B.Sc. Hon. in Computing & IT). I’d like to get back into teaching and would be grateful for any advice on PGCEs that would maximise my choice in the market. My first thought was to do a secondary PGCE in ICT or primary PGCE. I also have an honours degree in urban planning but I’m guessing this won’t be of much relevance.
    Any advice much appreciated.
    John

2. Hi,
    , Saudi Arabia and Italy. I made a career switch a while back so, for the last 10 years, I’ve been employed in IT project management (I have a B.Sc. Hon. in Computing & IT). I’d like to get back into teaching and would be grateful for any advice on PGCEs that would maximise my choice in the market. My first thought was to do a secondary PGCE in ICT or primary PGCE. I also have an honours degree in urban planning but I’m guessing this won’t be of much relevance.
    Any advice much appreciated.
    John