1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Breaking contract due to stress

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by ronnieg, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

Please don't resign yet. You're not in any position. I've been off since march after a bad episode and must confess I have considered doing the same but I feel I would regret the decision when I've recovered. Take time and don't go back until you're ready

2. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Just for info - sadly, any employer <u>can</u> refuse to give a reference if they choose to, with no explanation. No employer is obliged to provide one at all.
    What they can't do is give you one that is in any way inaccurate, but can, as butterfly4 says, mention any absences if they wanted to.
    Its a **** situation, unfortunately.[​IMG]

3. Stay on the sick thats what I did when I blew the whistle on a paedo, after 6 months they will want to meet (just like me) for christs sake take someone with you (I took a digital recorder, not recommended but saved me from prison) a lot of people will say they are sympathetic to your case but remember if you are out of a job, ill health they wont want to know, take care of yourself no one else will

4. I very much hope that you are feeling better. Do join a union if you're not already in one they have experienced and knowledgable people paid to help with issues like this. Mine was brilliant when I was ill and couldn't go back.
    Consider asking your Dr about counselling too.