1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Breakfast

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by clematis, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hi all, just wondering what you give your one-year-old LOs for breakfast when it's a weekday and you're in a rush? I send LO's breakfast at the moment to the childminder and she loves it- cheerios, yoghurt and raisins usually but I want to give her more variation. At home she has a range of different things- weekends and school holidays. She hates eggs though unfortunately! I am starting to think that maybe I'll give her breakfast on waking with a beaker of milk instead of milk at home from a bottle then breakfast at childminder's. I'm just after some quick, healthy meal ideas pretty please?! The best ones would be finger food as she hasn't mastered a spoon yet and I'd like to sit and eat my own breakfast/get lunches ready etc while she's eating. Thanks x

2. Hi all, just wondering what you give your one-year-old LOs for breakfast when it's a weekday and you're in a rush? I send LO's breakfast at the moment to the childminder and she loves it- cheerios, yoghurt and raisins usually but I want to give her more variation. At home she has a range of different things- weekends and school holidays. She hates eggs though unfortunately! I am starting to think that maybe I'll give her breakfast on waking with a beaker of milk instead of milk at home from a bottle then breakfast at childminder's. I'm just after some quick, healthy meal ideas pretty please?! The best ones would be finger food as she hasn't mastered a spoon yet and I'd like to sit and eat my own breakfast/get lunches ready etc while she's eating. Thanks x

3. Hiya Clematis,
    My LO is a big finger food lover! After his porridge on a morning, I usually give him a few chopped bits to keep him occupied whilst I have my own breakfast. I sometimes give him a bit of cereal like Shreddies or Minin Weetabix to eat, sometimes with chopped banana or other fruit. Also- have you thought about chopped up hot cross bun, or crumpet?

4. Hmm yeah - tea cakes or that fruit loaf. Or scotch pancakes? I am trying GG with rice crispies this week as well.

5. Thanks ladies- she was BLW so mainly eats finger food, so i need to give her a breakfast that she can feed herself most of! we spoonfeed her things like rice and yoghurt as it's obviously easier and ensures it gets into her!! I have ordered some crumpets in my online shop :) and today she had cut up bits of fruit (pear, cherries, blueberries) with me feeding her a yoghurt inbetween. So I have two new ideas! What's a scotch pancake Dimebar?

6. Oh and she hates banana- very annoyingly! She also hates weetabix bitesized and shreddies :-(( I will try her again on the weetabix as at the moment there are oatibix in our house- OH the breakfast avoider has taken to having them so at least something good has come out of buying boxes and boxes of cereal to waste! I am gluten free so can't have them!

7. They are mini pancakes. You can get plain ones and chop them up and serve them with fruit and yoghurt or they do raisin ones in tescos.

8. My son goes mad for Raisin Wheats. Won't eat anything else!

9. <address>my LO has a lot of fruit, then toast, sometimes with a bit of honey, and then ready brek sometimes. I am loving the idea of fruit loaf and raisin bites. I agree, I hardly give any variety at breakfast for same reason as Clematis (mostly BLW and obsessed with finger food/doing things by herself!). More ideas please!</address><address>xC</address><address>Sorry about italics, they won't turn off for some reason!</address>

10. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Maybe a wee bit unrelated, but I recently bought a 'snack pot' thing at Asda for my daughter. It's a plastic pot with handles and the lid has soft, plastic flaps. Little one can put her hand inside and pull out tasty morsels ... without stuff spilling everywhere!
    It's perfect for on the go, and you could put 'breakfasty' things such as dry cereal, fruit, raisins, pancake etc. in there.
    I would heartily recommend it. If you're interested, I'll try and find out the proper name for them! x

11. They also have version in pound world/ poundland.