1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Break the union!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hs9981, Mar 25, 2020.

1. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

Tubes overcrowded. Drivers off sick. Bring in Army drivers (after training) it's not rocket science.

Tube drivers are paid (excessively) well compared to the skill level needed. This is a fact. (But fair play to them).

This is because they have a strong union. Now is the time for a 'rebalance'. The rail union needs to be clipped. Now is the time Boris.

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Pathetic wind-up thread. Go post it somewhere else where combat 18 people hang out.

3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Amazing on a teacher community web site to talk about 'clipping unions' when our unions have been shown to be almost a complete shower of excrement. Cover supervisors replacing qualified staff was the start and since then teachers have been brow beaten into the dirt. So that's what we wish a return to for working people eh ?

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Why, how does their union-negotiated pay relate to their coronavirus sickness level? No-one has suggested that either the drivers or their union are responsible for service levels or overcrowding on the tube or that drivers are faking their sickness. Service level cuts are down to TfL. On the contrary the drivers are coming to work and doing their best.

If you want the army to take over the virus will need to pause its activities for a bit. It takes 5-6 months to train a tube driver from scratch.

monicabilongame and Laphroig like this.
  5. install

install Star commenter

The op does not work in the UK acc to another post from yesterday on the ‘Boris Tonight’ thread. And they say they are in Korea- so this thread may be a wind up as others have suggested:

1. hs9981Established commenter
      https://mcb.org.uk/

^ It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few weeks, like I said. I do hope the police act where needed for any people who ignore government advice, without fear of being labelled.

Yesterday at 12:38 AMReport
      Like+ QuoteReply

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  6. install

install Star commenter

Sorry - should have quoted the full post showing they are in Korea:

‘This was not an anti Muslim post. I work with the Muslim community in Korea. They have and will continue to follow Korean government guidance.

https://mcb.org.uk/

^ It will be interesting to see howthis plays out in the next few weeks, like I said. I do hope the police act where needed for any people who ignore government advice, without fear of being labelled.

Yesterday at 12:38 AMReport
    Like+ QuoteReply

Burndenpark likes this.
  7. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

*PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL*

8. hs9981

The title was inflammatory, but I am far from a troll.

(with prior planning) this has happened in losts of other countries. The tube, being a key lifeline for many people.

Look at the Corona graph for countries.

It is a factially correct statement that if subway staff are sick, army ppl could be trained very quickly to be able to take over.

Social distancing.

This REALLY is not a troll post. Boris currently has such power. The tube should have more trains.

As someone said. I'm in South Korea. They (not we)(note i am a foreigner here) are doing relatively well at the moment....

This is for a reason.

(Yes also, if you selectively quote my posts) it will be interesting to see how multifaith communities deal with UK restrictions during their festivals.

Again, this is something I have dealt with in (more than three) countries and (more than) five faiths i have worked with.

UK people are struggling to buy toilet paper together at the moment. PPPPPPP.

9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Aren't UK people struggling to buy toilet paper on their own as well as together?

10. Rott Weiler

It is not a factually correct statement.

If you believe army troops can be trained to be tube train drivers "very quickly" post the source for it please. It takes TfL at least 22 weeks to train a tube driver.

monicabilongame and install like this.
  11. hs9981

The UK is able to run the underground with social distancing.

By the time they do, it will be a little too late. I guess the weekend.

12. hs9981

22 weeks. ***. Space Ranger!

Buzz Lightyear does that woosh thing!

(Why would Andy ever want to play with me)...guess the movie I'm watching.

Our army folk could learn to drive a train in 24 hours. FACT.

I'm not trump, not all of our army are literate, but they can sort their own #&^# out.

'We need 30 smart army ppl who can learn to trive a tube in 24 hours - find them' they will have more.

Fact.

13. hs9981

(Drive)

14. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

15. Rott Weiler

There there. Have a lie down and come back when reality returns.

install likes this.
  16. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Makes me wonder if the OP is in Korea or somewhere else?

install likes this.
  17. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

How is this a matter of great importance to you?

install and theworm123 like this.
  18. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Click bait?

19. hs9981

Gosh.

I'd rather my fellow Brits dont catch this virus. I also have family using this service in the UK now, as we speak.

That's all. The army can and will take over the underground if needed. (I hope).

What you seem to fail to understand is the expotenentional growth of this virus.

You are - 5,6,10 days from the bad mistakes that are happening now.

Watch.

20. hs9981

(Btw) my language subway/tube, elevator/lift....it becomes muddled as you work abroad.....