1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Breach of contract

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by anon1165, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Is there any chance of talking to the head and asking for a (n early) release? (Whichever way they interpret it.) If not, well, unless you have another post to go to, you can always go on sick-leave and then they'll have to pay you AND cover you, too. In view of this I think any ht would rather release you...

2. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Lilypop is right: sick notes aren't just handed out at the drop of a hat. I really think you'd be better seeing out your notice, especially if you want a reference.

3. cheesypop

cheesypop Occasional commenter

hi, from what I can see you really want to know what the school will do to you if you don't go back.
    as other posters have said - technically they could sue you for their costs - as far as I am aware that has never happened.
    however, if you want to stay in teaching do be careful. any new employer has to ask your last school for a reference (due to safeguarding) and your current head could make it very difficult for you to get a new job. heads do also talk - teaching is a small world - so someone with a grudge could give you a real problem if they wanted to.