1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brazil?!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Bsmart19, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

Hi, looking for some advice about jobs in Brazil. Looking for this summer.

Any info on safety? Cost of living? Salaries?

Thank you!

2. tb9605

tb9605 Established commenter

A former colleague is in Sao Paulo. Great package: flights, accommodation, health insurance and food vouchers (!!), and the salary represented a pay rise for her (she was on M3). She's into her 3rd year there and pretty happy (helps her boyfriend in Brazilian).

I remember that they asked her to record a video of her teaching and send it too them, so be prepared for that, though it may not be standard practise.

3. gudrunbjorg

gudrunbjorg New commenter

I'm there (Sao Paulo), and I absolutely love it. Packages are fantastic, housing is by and large excellent, and there's all kinds of perks that come with labour regulation that is kind on the employee. It is safe for the most part, but you really need to keep your wits about you, and do your research on neighbourhoods before you venture into unfamiliar areas. Loads of things to do, weather is nice, and food is outstanding. Happy to answer more questions if anyone can figure out the private conversation function.