1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brand New - OCR AS Chemistry A Student Book and Exam Cafe CD-ROM (x20)

Discussion in 'Science' started by LauraHester, May 29, 2011.

1. LauraHester

LauraHester New commenter

Hi,
    I have also posted this on marketplace but I am not sure how many people look there.
    We have 20 copies of the OCR AS Chemistry A student book and Exam cafe CD-ROM for sale.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemistry-Student-Book-CD-ROM-Level/dp/0435691813/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306661175&sr=1-1
    BRAND NEW - the books have never been opened, never mind issued to students! Reason we are selling them is that we have decided to switch exam board.
    Each book costs £16 from the rep - we are looking for £11 each + pp (£2.80 per book). Although we would be open to offers. School is based in Kettering, Northamptonshire if you want to collect to avoid p+p or I could transport them to Bedfordshire/Milton Keynes for you to pick up from me.
    Will also have about 20 second hand copies (complete with CD-ROMS) available - open to offers.
    We would also be interested to hear from any one in the Nothamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes areas that might have second hand copies of the AQA Chemistry AS: Students book by Ted Lister for sale.
    PM me if your interested.
    Thanks

2. LauraHester

Hi,
    I have also posted this on marketplace but I am not sure how many people look there.
    We have 20 copies of the OCR AS Chemistry A student book and Exam cafe CD-ROM for sale.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemistry-Student-Book-CD-ROM-Level/dp/0435691813/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306661175&sr=1-1
    BRAND NEW - the books have never been opened, never mind issued to students! Reason we are selling them is that we have decided to switch exam board.
    Each book costs £16 from the rep - we are looking for £11 each + pp (£2.80 per book). Although we would be open to offers. School is based in Kettering, Northamptonshire if you want to collect to avoid p+p or I could transport them to Bedfordshire/Milton Keynes for you to pick up from me.
    Will also have about 20 second hand copies (complete with CD-ROMS) available - open to offers.
    We would also be interested to hear from any one in the Nothamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes areas that might have second hand copies of the AQA Chemistry AS: Students book by Ted Lister for sale.
    PM me if your interested.
    Thanks

3. I may be interested if we can negotiate on the price.

4. LauraHester

okay, message me with an idea of what you were thinking of. I will of course need to check any offer out with my HOD before committing.

5. PLEASE could you tell me why you have decided to switch exam board away from OCR. I am teaching A-Level for the first time from September and have been asked to select exam board and resources. I was considering OCR as we do 21st Century Science at GCSE.
    I would like to know why you now prefer AQA (this is another option).
    Thanks in advance...

6. LauraHester

To be honest there are many similarities between the boards but we are changing for a few reasons:
    - we currently follow aqa at gcse so makes more sence to continue through
    - both physics and biology a'levels are aqa, chemistry was the only one which wasn'nt
    - after 3 years of the new syllabus we were really starting to struggle with the coursework load. A possible 9tasks with class sizes of 24 and up was proving more and more difficult to accommodate. We simply didnt have the time or equipment.
    - also prefer the distribution of content with aqa, more equal division of organic/inorganic/physical chem between the units

7. LauraHester

Sorry my ipad shows my reply as bullet points which make more sense! I cant seem to edit the reply now.