1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brand new Huawei P30 Pro found to be sending queries and possibly data to Chinese government servers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Apr 26, 2019.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

2. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Huawei phones are great, I am on my 2nd though it's not one of the newest.

I haven't decided yet on the security things, I think there may well be commercial interests at play here.

3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Aren't there always? Next we'll be asking for a UK government owned mobile phone company because phone companies make a profit and design phones as they choose..

LondonCanary likes this.
  4. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I understand the concerns, yet people are allowing Amazon Echo.Dots (Alexas) Apple Siris and Google Assistants into their homes which are spying on the occupants of the house, listening in and reporting conversations back to HQ.

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

My son who works in the security industry,The concerns over this firm is not that of Chinese government part owning it,but rather its inferstructure is not compatible for what the Uk needs and there are lots of other technical problems.

Happygopolitely likes this.
  6. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I don't. Nor do I have a smart TV for the same reasons, and the camera lens on my laptop has been known to be covered up (until the post-it note falls off).

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  7. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

MAGAorMIGA and monicabilongame like this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Blutack

9. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I bought a little packet of children's stickers to stick over the web cam :)

monicabilongame likes this.
  10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Nah; we'll always buy Apple.

11. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I'm a bit wary of the radio.

12. needabreak

:D:D:D:D

13. nomad

nomad Star commenter

No.

and

No.

No. But then I am not an expert in these matters!

14. needabreak

Most of us would never qualify to respond to many questions on here if we had to be experts in the field to answer... Or we'd wing it anyway to get our two peneth in:D

15. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I wonder if BT will get a contract to contribute to building the Chinese 5G network?

Ive got a Huawei phone and a Tablet that just cost £75. Excellent devices. Why waste money on Apple eye candy?

sparkleghirl and monicabilongame like this.
  16. needabreak

According to Line of Duty any registered phone can be tracked if need be, though to be fair most of us who post on here have fairly uneventful nay boring lives that no one would be interested in just for the sake of it... Back to series 4... Not sure if it's season 5 on TV now that I've gotten this far... Anyone know?

17. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Spectacles cleaning cloth draped over the lid, held in place by an elastic band.

18. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Global Britain doesnt need to be shackled to those high regulation slow growth trade partners anymore: EU, USA, AusNZCan. Were going where the moneys at: China and India. Think of the opportunities to come.

19. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Me too. When I got one of those scam emails about how Id been recorded watching **** and I could keep my grubby secret safe from all my email contacts by sending €1000 equivalent in bitcoin to some blackmailing crook, I knew I was in the clear.

20. needabreak

Due to the blu tac?