1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brain has started to overheat - meltdown imminent

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Feb 20, 2012.

1. So it's that time again - quite a few jobs to apply for only to be disappointed yet again. And still I put myself through this. Now getting headaches having finished one application and starting on a second. Oh how I wish schools could get together and produce one factual application form to cover EVERY school in the country. You know qualifications, previous jobs, references etc - just the basics. Thus the only thing that need be different in the Person Spec and so life would be so much easier - even the JD can be the same as most sem to be based on the national pay and conditions. Hmm something about airborne porcine......

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes!
    In fact, similar to the UCAS system almost . . . well, not quite, but you know what I mean.
    However, I do agree with you . . .
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Thanks for asking Lara - mater now on mend. Fingers crossed your mater is also treated properly very soon.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Good to hear 'mater' is now on the mend- does that show our age that we speakusing Latin terms?

5. Certainly age and nudge given to memory while watching the excellent Miranda Hart in the BBC Call the Midwife series.

6. You mean local authorities getting together to sort something out and come up with a simple solution!? I don't know about that ......

7. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Wasn't she magic? She (and to a lesser extend sister Monica Joan) rescued an otherwise poorly written piece.

8. Im feeling the strain too! I cannot switch off from thinking about looking for work, am not sleeping well and feel I have nothing to talk to friends about as my head is too full of words like 'community cohesion', and 'co-operative learning'!!
    My boyfriend actually staged an intervention the other day and said enough is enough and I need to stop 'bringing work home' eveyday.
    Have an interview on Thursday, so perhaps, just perhaps I might be able to forget all about this in a week!

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview, Head in a Book. Read through the tips in the Interview clickables in the Welcome thread at the top of the thread, they should be helpful.
    It's a tradition on here that when you get a job, you start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! This encourages others. We look forward to yours!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com