1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bra question - where to find, not fitting

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Jul 19, 2011.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I am looking for a multiway /strapless plunge bra. Any ideas on where to buy them if they do exist?
    The dress is this sort of style, which is why I think a plunge strapless is the best answer, but I am open to suggestions.
    http://www.beflirtydresses.com/acatalog/eves-halter-neck-evening-dress.html
    Had a quick look at debenhamds and M&S online but can't seem to find them unless I have missed them.
    Thanks

2. dominant_tonic

I am looking for a multiway /strapless plunge bra. Any ideas on where to buy them if they do exist?
    The dress is this sort of style, which is why I think a plunge strapless is the best answer, but I am open to suggestions.
    http://www.beflirtydresses.com/acatalog/eves-halter-neck-evening-dress.html
    Had a quick look at debenhamds and M&S online but can't seem to find them unless I have missed them.
    Thanks

3. M & S usually have pretty much every combination of bra you can think of including the stick on cup only ones for backless dresses. Not sure how online compares with their instore range though.

4. I got one from La Senza a couple of yrs ago, be warned, they are rather complicated to put together......

5. There seems to be a few options here. http://www.lasenza.co.uk/solutions/solution_bras/solution_bras_solutions.htm

6. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

Leia are usually quite good, as are John Lewis or House of Fraser

7. Hmm, i think you need backless as well as strapless.

Quick google revelas this:
    http://www.strappybras.com/View_All_Backless/Low_Back_Bra_Converter
    Although the pictures all look like soemthing off some 'readers' wives' page in a dirty magazine!
    La Senza offers this.
    http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/backless_bras/backless_bras_bras.htm
    Figleaves offer stick on bras (can;t imagine they'd be much good though)
    http://www.figleaves.com/uk/nsf/qwiser.asp?term=backless%20bras&cookied=19/07/2011%20222505

Hope you get sorted!

8. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

figleaves.com

9. I think they've got some at next.co.uk

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Well, I know you missed them on M&S online because I was looking at them earlier this evening:
    multiway and strapless bras at M&S

11. I'll have a look through the collection left in my bedroom over the years...

Can you give me some idea of size, please?

cyolba, too lecherous to be allowed in a school :)

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

When you find mine can you post it back to me please? It was hanging from the lampshade last time I saw it. Mind you, so were you [​IMG]
    kibosh, athletic and strong as ever

13. I think this one's yours, boshy:

[​IMG]

cyolba, in the picture as lingerie delivey boy :)

14. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Nope, too wee. [​IMG]
    Hm . . .is that you on the bike then?

15. dominant_tonic

Thanks to Cyolba and Kibosh for the smiles this raised :)
    Thanks to all of you that replied. Just thought I would update and let you know I bought one from M and S for 20 puonds, and it had clear silicone straps, complete with back converter/extendor.
    I wore it as a strapless with just the back tie and it was brill. It is a plunge one with cut away cups with a tiny little clear piece between the cups.
    So if anyone needs a bra for a particularly awkward dress I would say this is the one.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Ooh, one point of caution, for some reason, I found the left side of the bra to the left of the cup and going under your arm to be slightly higher thatn the right! Which confused me a little, but maybe I have wonky boobs!
    Thanks to all who suggested places, D_T

16. Quite. We can see that... I should think the dress will elicit many suggestions!
    [​IMG]

17. dominant_tonic

I have two replies in mind for this post.
    1) The 'How dare you cast aspursions on my morals or apporpraiteness of clothing to a given event,' which goes something like this:
    Thanks for the inference there, most helpful.
    And just as a tip, please try reading the posts before you comment on them. I know this can prove difficult, as reading every single word of a post can be difficult and take much time depending on your literacy skills, or lack of them. You would note, had you read it properly that I said this was similar in style, and not the exact dress. But yes I can see how a floor length dress revealing my back, chest and a small amount of cleavage could cause much excitement.
    or...
    2) The 'The poster did not really mean to be offensive and I am being a crabby cow and mis-reading the tone of the post', which goes something like this:
    It's not actually as revealing as it could be, in fact it's pretty decent, and now I have a bra to go with the dress, it's even more so. It's not as exciting as it looks, as the dress in the picture is sheerly a guide, just wanted to get a picture of the neck line. :)
    I can't decide which response is right. Feel free to take the appropriate one.

18. dominant_tonic

I did have a good time thanks, it was brill It was a wedding of a friend whom I haven't seen for some time, maybe 3 or 4 years. Fun was had by one and all, even despite the fact had to drive so I was sober. :-0
    As for my preious reply, TES sometimes makes me over-react in a way I wouldn't in real life, as it were. Cannot quite work out why, but as far as I can remember I have done so twice possibly three times. Apologies.
    Anyway, thanks - I did have a good time :)