1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boys and writing rewards

Discussion in 'Primary' started by misspretty, Jan 28, 2011.

1. The boys in my class are making some progress in writing but, like in a lot of other classes, the girls are overtaking them. I have decided to introduce a reward system for including elements of VCOP in their writing but want to use something different to the Ros Wilson football idea, ie 'x' amount of points for a connective, 'y' points for openers etc with the points varying depending on the level from which they're chosen and if used correctly. My boys LOVE computer games so I thought of building up points like they do on the games. At the moment it's still in the thinking stage but would love some feedback and if anyone has used something similar.
    Thanks, it's Y4 by the way

2. The boys in my class are making some progress in writing but, like in a lot of other classes, the girls are overtaking them. I have decided to introduce a reward system for including elements of VCOP in their writing but want to use something different to the Ros Wilson football idea, ie 'x' amount of points for a connective, 'y' points for openers etc with the points varying depending on the level from which they're chosen and if used correctly. My boys LOVE computer games so I thought of building up points like they do on the games. At the moment it's still in the thinking stage but would love some feedback and if anyone has used something similar.
    Thanks, it's Y4 by the way