1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

bouncy chair+occupying a small baby

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by starcommand, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Our LO loves the bouncy chair probably because she can see whats going on. She hates being in the moses basket if she isn't sleeping. I'm a bit concerned that she spends too much time in the bouncy chair - any ideas how much is too much? She often falls asleep in it but I try and transfer her to the moses basket then. Where can I put her safely when she is not in the chair. I do take her for walks in the pram, play with her on the mat and cuddle her as an alternative to being in the chair.
    Also what can I do to play with her apart from the things I've written above. We read stories, look at the baby mirror and play on the activity gym. When I've got things to do I take her with me and try and talk to her.

2. EBC

EBC New commenter

bump- was hoping for more play ideas??

3. Have you seen www.babycentre.co.uk? It has a timeline, you can click on your baby's stage week by week and it suggests a couple of age-appropriate games and activities. For example, making drums out of empty plastic tubs, etc and taping together for a drum kit.
    Also, we've just bought a doorway bouncer and everyone I've mentioned it too says how great they are - loads are available at about £10 inc p&p on ebay - they're brilliant for an alternative place for them to bounce and watch the world / you go by. Obviously, they are only suitable for when your baby can hold his/her head steady.

4. EBC

EBC New commenter

Hi, thanks for the reply. My little girl is 16 weeks old. She's really starting to understand things now. Trying to grab things- hold on to toys etc.
    She likes her little play gym-mat and her bouncer, i'm starting to read to her and sing songs too. I just wanted to hear what others are doing with their LO.