1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boulogne with Year 7 - ideas please!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by musiclover1, Nov 25, 2011.

1. musiclover1

musiclover1 New commenter

Nausicaa is LOVELY,and so are the ramparts. Other than that, I haven't got any help to give.

2. slick

slick New commenter

Bec a suc factory...
    http://www.theotherside.co.uk/tm-heritage/visit/visit-boulogne-becasuc.htm
    Was there with KS4 a few weeks ago for the first time and thoroughly recommned. Can take about 50 kids eaisly... lasts about an hour and cheap per student... about 4 euros per child.
    It is about 5 minutes from the centre of Boulogne by coach (parking in front so no issue).... bit too far to walk. Well worth it.
    Regarding Nausicca, went there 3 years ago and was disappointed, as were the students. Before that students really enjoyed. Improvements have been made but this does not mean enjoyment!

3. mpc

mpc

We did a find the tackiest souvenir for a euro that you can find with our group last year (v popular).
    Trip to Auchan.
    Trip to choccie factory (about 3 euros a head) LOVELY!

4. mpc

mpc

Another idea we had was an A to Z of Boulogne....

5. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

We take our yr7 for 3 days in June and visit Nausicaa, lunch in the little park next to it, visit the market and then tire them out on the beach playing football or eating icecream. One day we do the bakery, the chocolate factory and the world of delights that is Bagatelle.

6. Thank you, everyone, for your ideas. I'm taking the whole year group on several coaches, so I have to organise a carousel of activities for several different itineraries....complicated, but it should work!
    So, if we walk the walls, do some directed shopping, go to Bec a Suc and Nausicaa, that should fill up our day!