1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bought the wrong cut - can I still cook it in coke?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by amyclare, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Picked up a collar of bacon rather than a piece of ham/gammon in the supermarket by mistake. I was planning to cook the ham in cherry coke and glaze it in the oven. Will this still be ok with a collar? Should I do anything differently? I usually follow Nigella's instructions and bring ham to boil in a pan of water to get rid of excess saltiness before cooking properly... Any advice welcome as am having people to lunch tomorrow and really want it to go well!

Happy Easter lunch!

2. Picked up a collar of bacon rather than a piece of ham/gammon in the supermarket by mistake. I was planning to cook the ham in cherry coke and glaze it in the oven. Will this still be ok with a collar? Should I do anything differently? I usually follow Nigella's instructions and bring ham to boil in a pan of water to get rid of excess saltiness before cooking properly... Any advice welcome as am having people to lunch tomorrow and really want it to go well!

Happy Easter lunch!

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

it will be fine

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Agree with H!
    Obviously, check your cooking time with regards to weight.