1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boris - misuse of power and public funds - investigation, charges or whitewash?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by schoolsout4summer, Sep 22, 2019.

1. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

2. schoolsout4summer

Boris and "friend"[​IMG]

3. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Corbyn said it was in only one Sunday paper yet is was in Sunday Times, Observer, Independent, Sun, and Mail on Sunday

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

It is conference time.

Of course the politicians will be using the media attention to slag each other off.

My favourite is this though!

Oscillatingass likes this.
  5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

An excellent time to focus on what politicians say and what they actually get up to. It will be interesting to see whether this story evolves in the lead up to the Tory conference and what spin gets put on it.

It was always going to be an interesting conference, given Johnson's appalling record so far, but the cake keeps getting a bit more icing as each day passes.

6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

It will and if Labour can stop imploding for a few days, there will be no distractions.

7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I agree it would be nice if Labour could rally itself together at this critical time in our history.

If history can tell us anything, instability opens the door to opportunity to divide and conquer. I'm expect any recognisable form of stability to return shortly, whoever is in power in any party.

8. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I despair of Labour.

Did anyone watch "Tories at war" ? - ee gods.

9. schoolsout4summer

That's refreshing to learn. I expect Corbyn only has enough time to read one newspaper.
    Are you certain that it was in the Sun and the Daily Mail? Was it in the Daily Sport, I wonder?

10. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

TCSC47 likes this.
  11. schoolsout4summer

12. schoolsout4summer

13. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Whitewash.

14. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Please do not misquote me. It is against the Ts & Cs.

15. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49794693
    Boris Johnson has refused six times to address claims he failed to declare a potential conflict of interest in how money was given to a US businesswoman while he was London mayor.

The Sunday Times said Jennifer Arcuri joined trade missions he led and was given £126,000 in public money.

She told the paper it was part of her role as a legitimate businesswoman.

However, pressed by journalists on a trip to New York, the now-prime minister refused to comment.

TCSC47 likes this.
  16. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

I did and it was incredible how prophetic Nigel Farage was and is.

He actually said many, many months ago (as soon as Boris won the leadership contest) the only way Boris will get Brexit done is lose a vote of no confidence and enter a pact with Nige.

17. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

The vile reptile that is Ian Austin. The sooner the voters of Dudley North show that man the door the better.

18. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Ghosh! Just read the links given here. It all sounds dreadful. If the Mail, the BBC, and the Times are making this up, then Johnson should be suing for deformation of character. But he won't even comment, will he.

19. schoolsout4summer

Just watched Boris fibbing and denying on the ITV news.
    This got me thinking ...
    Can anyone remind me what Bill Clinton said when he was confronted with the accusations, then the evidence? He claimed his innocence on some sort of technicality, as I remember.

20. schoolsout4summer

I think The Sun has been making it up too.