1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boris Johnson: Tory leadership frontrunner's history of racist comments....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by FrankWolley, May 25, 2019.

1. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Do you want this man leading the UK...really? And that's not even mentioning 'bendy' buses, the garden bridge or 'Boris Island'....:eek:

Boris Johnson: Tory leadership frontrunner's history of racist comments, from Muslim 'letter boxes' to African 'piccaninnies'
    Former foreign secretary has repeatedly been forced to apologise for offensive language

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...piccaninnies-conservative-party-a8929376.html

hplovegame48 likes this.
  2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is the end of the story for me where Johnson is concerned. That's all we need to be aware of to rule him out of public office. So lazy he couldn't even be bothered to read his brief properly - with consequences such that we may not see her come home alive.
    I'm so disgusted by Boris Johnson that I can barely commit myself to speak about him.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  3. FrankWolley

Yes, absolutely. I should have mentioned that awful, awful intervention.

4. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

I very much doubt anyone here will have a vote in the election.

needabreak, nomad and artboyusa like this.
  5. FrankWolley

I think it's quite possible there is a member of the Conservative party (or more then one) on here.

But, even if not, don't we have the right to say what we want/don't want...and to put pressure on the candidates and those electing the Tory leader?o_O

6. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

There'll be plenty who see those comments as a reason to vote for him.

coffeekid likes this.
  7. FrankWolley

Sadly that may be true...in which case they need to be made aware that this will cause even greater breaches in our society.

IMHO Johnson as PM will be the next step to widespread civil unrest.

Alice K likes this.
  8. LondonCanary

You do but you are preaching to the converted.
    A few demos perhaps. Widepspread civil unrest unlikely. Even Thatcher didnt manage that.

9. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

A liar and an incompetent

And a man happy to arrange for someone to be beaten up to help and old mate out.

But milkshakes, eh?

10. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Good to see Rory Stewart putting the boot in this morning and exposing another of Johnson’s lies.

11. FrankWolley

Yes, he did it very thoroughly.

He's a lot better than BJ, but do we want another old Etonian? :confused:

hplovegame48 likes this.
  12. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Do the people who would vote for a racist precisely because of his racism care about breaches in society? I don't think so.

13. LondonCanary

I very much doubt that would be a prime reason. BoJo's greatest asset is that he is a winner.

14. FrankWolley

That's quite an assertion... Care to provide some evidence? I mean, did he defeat Theresa May in 2016? ;)

afterdark likes this.
  15. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I doubt many of those will be here reading this though I could be wrong.

16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Over the years Boris has had a very favourable press - but he is a nasty piece of work and has a lot of skeletons in his closet.

If he becomes PM and makes a mess of it - some of this stuff will be researched and published.

He's already blown it by stating that he will go for a no deal - he hasn't the guts.

....and although he is loved by the geriatric fascists in the Tory party - his appeal to the electorate as a whole is not that great.

EmanuelShadrack and Sally006 like this.
  17. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

He (Rory Stewart) has just been interviewed on BBC News, where he completely ruled out another referendum on Brexit and said the one person he would not have in the cabinet is Boris. He has also said previously that he would not work under Boris as PM.

(Stewart, unlike Johnson, is totally opposed to a No Deal Brexit, so there is plenty of clear water between the two Old Etonians)

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  18. LondonCanary

MPs are not big on Boris. Easily elected as MP , 2 times mayor in Labour London. Doesn't hide from the media like Corbyn and repeat like May.
    He can get the working class leave vote.

19. rideemcowboy

rideemcowboy Occasional commenter

He and trump will make quite a pair on the world stage. Are these two countries in a secret competition to see who can make the biggest fool of themself?

Sally006 and snitzelvonkrumm like this.
  20. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

NoseyMatronType and sparkleghirl like this.