1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boris Johnson to address school leavers on Friday?

Discussion in 'News' started by bugsysmum, Jul 8, 2020.

1. bugsysmum

bugsysmum New commenter

I've heard rumours that Boris will be addressing all school leavers on Youtube on Friday and when I Googled it , it appears that some schools have sent this info out to their pupils. I haven't heard anything at our school, nor my children's schools. Nor can I find anything official in the news - does anyone have any proper confirmation of this, before I send it out to my year 11s?

2. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

What is it? You will get fined if you don't wear a mask on buses, or if you get married and want your dad to walk you down the aisle/have more than 28 guests,but the year group below you are supposed to be safe in magical bubbles at school?
    Seriously, I'd do nothing until told officially, and having cleared it with your line manager.

bugsysmum likes this.
  3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

A quick online search didn't bring anything up about this.

I'd do as hhhh suggests ^^^^

bugsysmum likes this.
  4. bugsysmum

bugsysmum New commenter

As I thought no one else seems to have heard, it would be nice though if he stopped to thank them for all the sacrifices they have made and recognised how much they have missed out on. Yes and another one for the rest still at school too.