1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boris hides in Fridge

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Dec 11, 2019.

1. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I don't think they matter to any voter.

Not talking to the repellant Piers Morgan is no sin.

nomad likes this.
  2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Yes, I was too generous. Johnson was in the coldstore for far less than 20 seconds to fetch the crate of milk and closer to 14 seconds to fetch the orange juice. We don't know how long he was in there on the third occasion, when he went in with the depot owners and others (see below).

On that third occasion, as I said, the broadcasters cut back to the studio (at 54 seconds), so all we know is that claims they were in there for "a few minutes" cannot be substantiated. By the time the cameras switched back to the depot, Johnson and acolytes had already left and were in their vehicles, about to depart.

That's because there are no such claims. The claims are that he hid from the Sky reporter for a few minutes. As I said, the claim cannot be substantiated. It is high time that broadcasters - and particularly Piers Morgan - realised that this is an election about the future of the country, not an election about the media.

nomad likes this.
  4. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I so agree with Melvyn Bragg, writing in this week’s New Statesman in a feature entitled What We Want, in respect of the future of this country.
    “What do I want? Fewer, if any, Etonians. John Le Carre, who taught at Eton for three years, recently described them as “an absolute curse on the Earth, leaving that school with a sense of entitlement and overeducated cultural posturing encapsulated in our appalling former foreign secretary [Boris Johnson]”. Who, looking at the past ten years, could disagree?”
    He then goes on to list the poor judgment of Johnson, Cameron et al - the problems they have strewn in the path of the UK.

frangipani123 and nizebaby like this.
  5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Are Raab, Javid, Patel and Williamson the answer to your problem?

6. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

You might as well ask if I like stepping in doggy do do. What sort of a question is that? They are only in cabinet thanks to the actions of an Old Etonian.

7. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

The level of cognitive dissonance in the above post is absolutely astonishing.

8. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

What idiot let him out ?????

Scintillant likes this.
  9. keyboard2

What we need are fewer liberals and less liberalism.

Who cares where someone is educated? Boris can't win with you lot can he? You are aware he has given prominent positions to BAME and women politicians? Or do you not like these facts because the facts may encourage you to change your mind?

10. keyboard2

You are wasting your time, mate.

Facts will get you nowhere with the lefty luvvies on here.

Everything - absolutely everything - you have posted is factually accurate yet other posters will believe whatever they want to believe irrespective of facts and truth.

They don't like Boris. Nor do I. But I, like you, do not misinterpret the facts on order to suit my political agenda and world view. Remember: they are the "tolerant" ones.

nomad likes this.
  11. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

He still lied about returning to the film crew. A knee-jerk reaction to evade scrutiny.

#liar
    #scared
    #getinthefridge

12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

But he WILL get a majority today/tomorrow and he will be the ABSOLUTE WORST PM WE'VE EVER HAD.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the trade negotiations begin in earnest next year.

nizebaby likes this.
  13. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Churchill was no angel but you couldn't call him a coward...

[​IMG]

NoseyMatronType and Mangleworzle like this.
  14. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

So the point of mentioning the going in the fridge before he was asked for an interview was?

He was repeatedly asked for an interview. He said give me a second and went into the fridge and didn't come out to give an interview or to say he'd give one later. News reports say he was in there for a few minutes. Some people seem to think this is not true, although there is no evidence offered to say the reporters are lying.

You think the newspapers are lying then? That the quotes from conservative sources about preparing for another interview (which suggest at least a few minutes) are untrue? You've already shown he was in there for almost a minute. To use a rugby analogy, it's the second question. There needs to be proof that the reports are wrong not proof they are right.

15. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The Conservatives lie, lie and lie some more

They were lying. He was evading scrutiny after lying again and hiding in a fridge.

#liarjohnson
    #getinthefridge
    #melt

16. florian gassmann

To say that he was going into the fridge, I imagine. We saw him come out with a crate of milk, then a crate of orange. Exciting stuff.

Sky have been trying to get both Corbyn and Johnson to give an interview for around three years. Piers Morgan is so loathed that neither are willing to do so. Trying to waylay Johnson by sending a reporter to an event to whioch Sky were not invited was never going to result in an interview.

The fact that Johnson said "give me a second" is the sort of thing that many an exasperated parent would say to a four year-old pestering for an ice cream. Doesn't mean that they'll get one, though.

The point is that there was no earthly reason for him to hide. Sky were never going to get an interview and were in effect told to "f off". There's no need to hide in such circumstances. Sky had lost out and are, as usual, mightily miffed. Perhaps one day they might realise that the general election is not about them and whether Piers Morgan's viewing figures can be bolstered.

17. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Unfortunately I can see them winning this election by a majority. I can also see then a lot of their older voters being 'surprised' when things like prescription prices triple or having to pay for doctors appointments,

18. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

what do you mean will be, he already is...

I hope he loses his seat today.

[​IMG]

19. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

It shows that he was not really going into the fridge to get a crate then. As you've shown he was in there nearly a minute, when previously he was in and out in seconds.

I agree there was no reason for him to hide, but rather than say he didn't want to do an interview, he avoided answering and went into the fridge suggesting he'd be back. What he then did in the fridge is irrelevant. He appeared to be someone who, when confronted with something he is uncomfortable about, would rather hide away from the issue rather than deal with it. (Most parents I know would just say no to the 4 year old, realising that it is easier in the long run)

20. florian gassmann

They certainly would be surprised, considering that triple the price of free prescriptions is zero (hint: you don't pay for prescriptions when you are 60 or over).