1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boris hides in Fridge

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Freeze a jolly bad fellow.

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Really - I've watched the video a few times. It's not hard to see what happened really.

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

And you hopefully noticed that it wasn't a freezer but a coldstore and that BoJo was in it twice for 20 seconds, while collecting crates for the milk van, and for just 40 seconds before the live broadcast returned to the studio? Yes?

Do you know how many seconds there are in "a few minutes" or do you need help with the calculation?

What would be the point of "hiding" for 80 seconds? Boris Johnson had already made it clear that he was not going to be interviewed by an uninvited reporter. Indeed, both Johnson and Corbyn have declined to appear on Good Morning Britain for years, as Piers Morgan admitted during the piece in question.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Kandahar likes this.
  4. janavis467

janavis467 New commenter

If you saw this, you know.[​IMG]

monicabilongame likes this.
  5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Imagine knowing this and also reading all these stories about Boris and thinking, "Yep" That's my man!"
    Literally don't understand it.

6. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

‘Fake news’ that Johnson ran down the clock to avoid answering questions from someone he previously said he wanted to be interviewed by?

Your dedication to trying to justify the behaviour of a lying, cheating, coward, who’s minders have to prevent any form of interaction with the outside world is just embarrassing, though the thought of you searching out a tv clip and sitting with a stop watch & notepad to argue that loading a van shows more leadership qualities than facing a few questions, certainly gave me a chuckle.

7. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

No. Fake news that he hid in a freezer for a few minutes this morning.

My dedication is in exposing those who promulgate fake news.

No. I checked the details because it seemed improbable that the PM would "hide in a freezer for a few minutes", not only for the obviously foolish H&S risks of such an action, but also because it had already been reported that one of the team had told the uninvited reporter to "f*** off". There is no point in hiding from the reporter if he has already been told to sling his hook. If you don't want to answer questions, you just keep your mouth shut. No reason to hide. It was obvious that you had fallen for fake news.

You could have saved yourself embarrassment if you had simply checked the clip, as I did.

Kandahar likes this.
  8. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Via Cold War Steve

[​IMG]

9. Scintillant

"I'll be with you in a second" he said.

#lie no 7,483

In response to a question on his unfulfilled promise (#lie number 7,121 to talk to Piers and Susannah.

Then his disappeared into the freezer reneging on his promise of mere seconds before.

#liar
    #pathological
    #frightened

Alice K likes this.
  10. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Like Jeremy Clarkson I should be more than happy to punch Piers Morgan. The approach to interview Johnson this morning was intrusive and mis-timed.

No, the minder should not have used the words he did, but I see no evidence of Johnson 'hiding in a fridge'.

Kandahar likes this.
  11. Scintillant

He could have said "I'll give you a interview at the soonest possible opportunity" or "We'll sort you one out shortly". However, the knee-jerk response was to lie and then get out of the way...

#liar
    #lyingjohnson
    #getinthefridge

12. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Your timings are out.
    The reporter asked him the question as he came out at 6.37 (which is when the minder swore). Boris went into the fridge at 6.39 according to the GMB clock. So is there footage after this time to suggest he was only in there for a matter of seconds?

I see evidence of him going into the fridge to avoid the reporter. I have not seen any evidence about how long he was then in there, but plenty of reports (including from other conservatives who say he was preparing for another interview in the fridge) that he was in there a substantial period of time.

13. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Indeed.

However, there are numerous occasions on which I as a son, as a brother, as a colleague, as a teacher, as a headteacher, as a school governor, as an independent candidate (I wasn't elected - safe Tory constituency :(), could have, in retrospect, said something different.

But I didn't.

14. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Depends on the media source you have used.

15. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Various. I've not seen any that say he was only in there for a few seconds though.

16. Scintillant

Was your knee jerk reaction to lie?

Were you known as a liar?

Did people joke about it as you lied so often?

No.

And he's running the country

#britishvalues
    #borisvalues
    #standards

frangipani123 and coffeekid like this.
  17. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

18. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

There's a new rumour that Mrs Monaghan after having her milk delivered by Mr Johnson has decided to leave her own husband for him.
    It is reported that Mr Monaghan says that that seeing them drive away down the road together on the milk float was the worst two hours of his life.

19. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

20. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter