1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boring Teachers!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by regencyrob, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I had a pretty average weekend so I thought I would log on here and see if any one else had a more exciting weekend and live my life vicariously through you guys!
    Did any one have a drunken, debauched, exciting weekend or are we all past it at this time of the year?

2. I had a pretty average weekend so I thought I would log on here and see if any one else had a more exciting weekend and live my life vicariously through you guys!
    Did any one have a drunken, debauched, exciting weekend or are we all past it at this time of the year?

3. No, and yes, full stop. time of year has nothing ti do with it, sadly.

4. Are you past it full stop gorgy? I hope I am not!!

5. I have spent my weekend being ill. Generic ill, nothing hangovery at all.
    I normally spend it meandering. Bit of work, bit of housework. That's about it. Dull.

6. Yes. So do I.

7. I never have that kind of weekend.
    I don't want that kind of weekend.

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well, I had a nice berber carpet fitted in my middle bedroom and watched Notting Hill. Other than that, all I did was convert some of my poppies into opium and busk with my accordion on the intercity train.
    Sorry to be so dull.

9. I have had an exciting weekend for a change. Lovely family meal followed out by a night on the town. I had a lot of fun but unfortunately was drinking to drown my sorrows after another unsuccessful interview this week. It was nice to be happy and enjoy myself for a change seeing as it's usually quite difficult when you have got no job or money!
    I am paying for it today though [​IMG]

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I've had a fabulous time. Mr K booked a last minute, romantic get away and I only found out about it when he got in from work. I was just out the shower, admiring my super slim new look me and thinking about what wonderful sexy outfit to wear and I heard the door go. Mr K comes trooping in with a bunch of flowers and a deadline: you have 30 minutes to pack your bags, we're off. I hastily threw together some Blahniks and Choos, slapped on some makeup and clothes and the taxi arrived, took us to the waiting leer jet at the airport and two bottles of champers later we were arriving in northern Italy, where a hot air balloon was waiting to take us up and over the Tuscan countryside to a small village nestling in the sun baked hills. We booked into our 6 star hotel and made mad passionate love in Italian - Si, Si!! and ate miniature, herbed goat cheeses and salad on our balcony whilst embibing a beautiful Anglianico wine and feasting our eyes on the sun setting over the lush fields and roof tops.

11. Er... really??!! Suspiciously similar to mine - minus Mr K obviously! (I WISH!!!) ;-)

12. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

We're just about to go strawberry picking, does that count as exciting?!

13. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I'm having a very boring weekend. I warned Mr C that he was on childcare duty, cos I was having to lock myself in the office for the weekend to finish my reports and foundation stage profile.
    Bored, bored, bored.
    Of course, if I didn't keep getting fed up and finding distractions (like coming on TES) I'd probably be finished by now.
    Still bored.
    And he's invited his parents round for dinner tonight, because it's Fathers Day.
    [​IMG]

14. All sound much better than mine although I did drink some exquisite wine!

15. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Teachers are generally quite boring people. Alcohol only tends to amplify someones personality..... so I fail to see how them getting hammered would make them any more interesting.

16. You should go to our works christmas parties!

17. Re post 9 - I was really p.issed off about that until about half-way through. Brilliant. Glad you had such a lovely time, and that we can enjoy it too, albeit vicariously.

18. Me neither. Read some chapters of an academic book. Tidied up a few things in the garden. Went out in the car a few times. Did a bit of work on the computer. Watched part of Zeffirelli's film version of Verdi's Ottelo with Placido Domingo. Watched an Austrialian film version of Macbeth with Sam Worthington in it. Watched Lethal Weapon 3 and 4. Had a chinese takeaway. Read the local newspapers.

19. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Not a teacher any more but...
    Yes thank you. [​IMG]

20. Speak for yourself.