1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boring alert! I want to change my profile pic on here and it isnt working grrrr!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by msmuse, Dec 11, 2011.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I have tried many times - found a picture (in JPEG format as asked), did everything it said to do and when I click 'save profile' it automatically reverts back to my old picture. What am I doing wrong? It's driving me nuts!

2. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I have tried many times - found a picture (in JPEG format as asked), did everything it said to do and when I click 'save profile' it automatically reverts back to my old picture. What am I doing wrong? It's driving me nuts!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Have you refreshed your screen?
    I just did and your picture changed - it's like a colourful tunnel now.

4. Hit F5. It's probably changed but your computer isn't reloading images for speed.

5. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Awwww
    I have changed it to a 'colourful tunnel' but on my screen it is still the boring prism!! I have tried to change it several days in a row, but it's still resolutely sticking.

6. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

See? Argghhhhhhh!

7. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Sorry, just pressed F5 and it changed! Will it stay that way now? Its the logo from Muse 'The Resistance' album btw - I love them!

8. Hello
    Your avatar will keep the new image but should your computer display the old one for you, hold ctrl and press F5 to refresh the page and clear cache.