1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bored...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by airy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I've had some flu-like illness all week and been stuck indoors or in bed depending on how I'm feeling. I've perked up a bit today but I've already watched all the TV, played all the silly games, read all my books...anyone got any ideas to keep me from going mad with boredom?

2. I've had some flu-like illness all week and been stuck indoors or in bed depending on how I'm feeling. I've perked up a bit today but I've already watched all the TV, played all the silly games, read all my books...anyone got any ideas to keep me from going mad with boredom?

3. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I'm bored too. Was ill last holiday and very disgruntled to feel ill again for this one. I like playing scrabble on facebook, but the games don't move very fast (obviously everyone else has a life).

4. Never a bored moment here:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives

5. I've been getting grumpy because the iPad keeps beating me at scrabble. I know I'm not at my sharpest but it cheats!

6. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

especially when it insists on a "z" instead of an "s"

7. It's when it insists Chinese words are eligible that I get annoyed.

8. Doglover

Doglover Occasional commenter

I have a horrible bout of laryngitis/tracheitis/sinusitis and am feeling a mixture of bored, agitated and frustrated.
    I have loads to do - brownie paperwork, helping my daughter get some revision started for summer exams, cleaning, clearing out girls drawers etcl, but I don't feel well enough to do it.
    I have played a few online games, looked at various websites, and I don't feel like watching TV or reading.
    I hope I am going to feel better tomorrow, as I really need to go out and do a few things before Easter Sunday.

9. Do you like sudoku? There's a few good online versions. Hope you're feeling better soon!

10. That sounds familiar. I've got loads I need to do in the garden but I planted a few seedlings that really wouldn't wait yesterday and then had to have a four hour nap in the afternoon and my arms ached all night. I was so fed up I started. Googling my symptoms and because my arms and shoulder were sore NHS Direct told me to call 999 as I was having a heart attack!

11. Doglover

Oh dear, Airy!! That's why it is best not to google :p

12. I know but I was bored, ill and in possession of an Internet connection. Googling your symptoms is mandatory in those conditions!

13. Doglover

A lethal combination :)

14. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines as annie -
    http://www.dailysudoku.com/sudoku/archive.shtml?type=squiggly
    It's p!sh when the precious, long awaited holidays are taken up with feeling rotten. I'm not ill, but I've been so knackered I've been having long naps on the sofa every afternoon.

15. At least I didn't phone! I was already annoyed because I had to lie and tell it I was in England. Apparently us Scots aren't supposed to use NHS Direct.

16. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've been feeling like this most of the week too and had to cancel meeting up with my friend on Friday. When I phoned her,she said she was thinking of phoning me to cancel as she was feeling ill too! Same symptoms,very sore throat,sore limbs,sleeping and sleeping.Obviously something going around our region,Airy!

17. catmother

catmother Star commenter

http://www.nhs24.com/ I think this is our version.

18. That version is cleverer. It managed to tell me I have flu and should treat myself at home. I might treat myself to an Easter egg, because this is the first time all week I've actually had an appetite!

19. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i get bored most nights....even though i have lots to do.......I to need to get a life at night..wonders if wife wont mind me chasing a few uncatchable ladies lol

20. I would mind.