1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bootcamps a good idea

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by simon81phipps, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm a freelance journalist. I'm writing a feature about Michael Gove's proposal to let soldiers run Pupil Referral Units.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who works at a PRU. Do you think it's a good idea to turn them into 'bootcamps'?

Has anybody had any direct contact with Skills Force, the charity that employs ex-soldiers to work with 'hard to reach' children?

Is 'hard to reach' an appropriate description?

Lots of questions, I know!

I look forward to your responses. If anybody wants to talk to me in person, I can be reached on my mobile 07702 742 697

Simon Phipps

2. Hi,

I'm a freelance journalist. I'm writing a feature about Michael Gove's proposal to let soldiers run Pupil Referral Units.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who works at a PRU. Do you think it's a good idea to turn them into 'bootcamps'?

Has anybody had any direct contact with Skills Force, the charity that employs ex-soldiers to work with 'hard to reach' children?

Is 'hard to reach' an appropriate description?

Lots of questions, I know!

I look forward to your responses. If anybody wants to talk to me in person, I can be reached on my mobile 07702 742 697

Simon Phipps