1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boosting Literacy Skills

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by eddiecarron, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I am conducting a one-term research project from Sept to Xmas to test the hypothesis that deficts in literacy skills can be 'levelled out' in one term in any year group from Year 2 to Year 6. This means all literacy skills viz reading, writing, grammar, spelling, listening etc. What is involved in that pupils identified as having deficts in any of these areas complete a 10 minute exercise at a computer at least three times per week over the term.There are no costs and I require no scores or other test data. All I would be seekiing is a brief summary of your responses at half term and then again just at the end of the term.
    Any teacher that might be interested emailing me will be sent the project resources to try out so that they can decide whether or not to take part. I have a large number of English schools taking part but none from Scotland.
    Email address is eddiecarron@btconnect.com

Eddie Carron