1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boosting confidence - please help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jodierowell87, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hi,

I'm an NQT and have recently been approached by a parent about boosting their child's confidence socially rather than academically.

It was mentioned at Parents Evening but we have scheduled a meeting to discuss it further rather than take up our ten minute slot....can anyone suggest any strategies I could put in place to boost her confidence?

She is a real worrier and is always asking a lot of questions and is quite rude and argumentative with the other children (I dont think she knows how to control the tone of her voice)

I would be SO grateful for any ideas / feedback as I fear I will go into the meeting with nothing productive to discuss!
    Thanks!

2. I learned alot about confidence in general from a program called "Conversation Confidence" http://finest-review.com/conversation-confidence-review/