1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boomwhackers

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sir Cumference, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

Is it just me who can't stand them? I'm a musician and love encouraging children to make music, so of course I make sure they get a chance to play them, but I don't like them at all. I think it's the extreme staccato that is all they have, no opportunity for playing anything with substance.

Sorry, it's been a hard day!

2. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

Is it just me who can't stand them? I'm a musician and love encouraging children to make music, so of course I make sure they get a chance to play them, but I don't like them at all. I think it's the extreme staccato that is all they have, no opportunity for playing anything with substance.

Sorry, it's been a hard day!

3. bod99

bod99 New commenter

4. :) There's some great stuff on youtube for Boomwhackers.

5. v12

v12

I thought the version of a-Ha's 'Take On Me' was brilliant and displayed some amazing new playing techniques. The fast wobbling between the feet was my favourite.
    The children in my school love playing with the BoomWhackers - and I often use them as a starter activity.