1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Books!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by mrbcmr, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hi James, i have just started my BA Hons degree Early Childhood Studies this week and have been given a reading list as long as your arm. I like to buy my own books rather than use the library and was wondering if you knew of any books in particular that would be worth buying that will be useful to me through the 3 years.?? Also, do you know of any student websites that sell 2nd hand books?
    Thanks Clare

2. Hi James, i have just started my BA Hons degree Early Childhood Studies this week and have been given a reading list as long as your arm. I like to buy my own books rather than use the library and was wondering if you knew of any books in particular that would be worth buying that will be useful to me through the 3 years.?? Also, do you know of any student websites that sell 2nd hand books?
    Thanks Clare

3. I would recommend this rather random little book: 'Theories of childhood: An introduction to Dewey, Montessori, Erikson, Piaget and Vygotsky' - this book was on my reading list for my PGCE and read it before I started my course last year. During our childhood study lessons I then found I recognised and knew quite a lot of what they were talking about whereas before I wouldn't have had a clue! It gives clear and straightforward information on these key early childhood theorists which I am sure you will cover lots! Might be quite useful in essays as well to include a couple of simple quotes about theorists ideas or help you get an overview if you are writing an essay about one of them! If you are interested I am selling my copy for £10 on amazon along with some other books from my PGCE :eek:) www.amazon.co.uk/shops/hollyy13 - generally amazons 'used' section is a good place to look for second hand books - flick through to look for individual sellers rather than the big companies as these will tend to be people selling on book after their courses finish!