1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Books to read & tips for School Direct interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Alexbartlett, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Alexbartlett

Alexbartlett New commenter

Hello,

I have an interview for a position on a primary school direct training programme this Tuesday and I would really like some advice. I will be reading a story book of my choice to pupils from Early years, KS1 or KS2 but I will not know until on the day. Can someone recommend a selection of books to bring that will be good at capturing pupil's attention and make me stand out?

I am also trying to learn so many answers for the questions I will be asked and would like to know if anyone can give advice for what may be asked, especially for answering questions on the national curriculum and education issues in the government?

Thanks

2. daisymagic

daisymagic New commenter

Hi Alex,

I have an interview coming up and came across your thread. How did your interview go, if you don't mind me asking? Do you have any tips?

Did you have to sit tests as part of your interview? And we're they similar to the qts professional skills tests?

Thanks a million!