1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Books/schemes to use for guided reading KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rosieandjim, Jul 20, 2011.

1. rosieandjim

rosieandjim New commenter

We currently have something of a mis mash system for our guided reading. We currently have a set of Rigby Star fiction texts up to white level, but my Year 2 class next year includes some very able readers who have already read virtually all of the books up to gold level. I think we need to look at buying some non-fiction texts and l am just really keen to find out what other people use for their guided reading. Thank you.

2. rosieandjim

rosieandjim New commenter

We currently have something of a mis mash system for our guided reading. We currently have a set of Rigby Star fiction texts up to white level, but my Year 2 class next year includes some very able readers who have already read virtually all of the books up to gold level. I think we need to look at buying some non-fiction texts and l am just really keen to find out what other people use for their guided reading. Thank you.