1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Books or eBooks?

Discussion in 'English' started by rach_1909, Nov 8, 2016.

1. rach_1909

rach_1909 New commenter

Hello,

I have recently been appointed as Literacy Coordinator at my school and we have some money to invest in the school library.

We are in consultation at the moment as to whether we should buy some more books or to go across to eBooks and buy some kindles instead.

Does anyone have any good eBook schemes that can be used in school? Is there a subscription that we can pay so that students can access a range of new books?

Any ideas would be greatly received - please reply or email me directly at rbaalham@englishcollege.ac.ae

Many thanks

Rachel

2. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Look at Tumble Book Cloud and its sister product with a similar name (I can't now recall).
    We are in a one-to-one environment and use ebooks quite a bit. The students tend to have their own tablets, or choose to read on their laptops (not for me, but it's their choice).
    I'd certainly be tempted to trial at least a couple of Kindles - get students to design a pilot?