1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Books for teachers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Bonnie23, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Bonnie23

Bonnie23 Occasional commenter

Hi,

It's the summer!

Normally at this point I like to dive into a good book but I actually thought it would be constructive to read one about teaching.

All of my current teaching books are aimed at student teachers, I want to advance in my teaching techniques and wondered if anyone could recommend some good constructive books?

I've heard about the lazy teachers handbook but heard it's mainly aimed at primary school teachers.

Currently I teach a practical subject in a secondary academy.

Any suggestions would be great!

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Look no further for true professional insight than the TES Community's very own Ladybird Book of Teaching.

[Cue Scooby Doo exit sound]

peggylu, sbkrobson and Bonnie23 like this.
  3. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

That use of "but" is actually pretty amusing.
    (If unsure what I mean by this, try replacing the word "but" with "so")

4. Bonnie23

Bonnie23 Occasional commenter

:oops: I've spent all day painting and when posting I've not thought it out properly - must be the paint fumes. What I meant was that I normally dive into a normal book e.g. fiction or something not teaching related BUT this time I want something that will benefit me for September. :D

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Nothing on teaching, then.