1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Books for Primary - French

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Montmartroise, May 23, 2011.

1. The time of ordering has come...

To be frank, I have no idea what book to choose for my 5th graders next year. It will be their second year of French. I started using "Alex et Zoe" but thought it was too primitive and not fun for kids.

Wandering in the world's net didn't help a lot, since one cannot see the content, and to order a sample doesn't work often either.

I would appreciate any tips and would love to here about your experience.

Thanks in advance!

2. The time of ordering has come...

To be frank, I have no idea what book to choose for my 5th graders next year. It will be their second year of French. I started using "Alex et Zoe" but thought it was too primitive and not fun for kids.

Wandering in the world's net didn't help a lot, since one cannot see the content, and to order a sample doesn't work often either.

I would appreciate any tips and would love to here about your experience.

Thanks in advance!

3. funambule

funambule New commenter

When you say a book, do you mean a text book or a story book or a complete course to use with your children?
    How old are 5th graders- presumably this is not in a UK school?

4. Hi!

By a book I mean a text book, usually coming along with an activity book for students. However I would not mind to look at a complete course either. Kids are 8-9-10 years old, English speakers, in a European school with international curriculum.

Never taught in primary before, only high school students, so am a little bit perplexed at the moment...