1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BOOKS FOR FIRST WEEK!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by rhilindsay, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Hi, thought it would be a good idea to get some ideas together for good books relating to different pse area such as sharing telling the truth, looking after resources etc... for the first week back with a new class.

Anybody got any favorites?

Thanks

2. Hi, thought it would be a good idea to get some ideas together for good books relating to different pse area such as sharing telling the truth, looking after resources etc... for the first week back with a new class.

Anybody got any favorites?

Thanks

3. Hi,
    Stone Soup (this version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stone-Soup-Jon-J-Muth/dp/043933909X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344954351&sr=8-1-fkmr0 by Jon Roth is excellent) is a great one for sharing, especially around Harvest Time. Read the story each day, or tell it - props are good - a big saucepan and either some veggies or pictures of veggies and a big spoon are all you need. Then on the Friday have a Stone Soup party. Ask all the children to bring one vegetable from home (hopefully only about 10 of them will or you'll have far too much soup!). Even better if it's something from the garden. Go on a walk round the grounds to find 3 round, smooth soup stones. All work together to peel and chop the veg, boil it all up in some stock and liquidise. Add the stones to 3 of the bowls and watch them all guzzle vegetable soup looking to see if they got a stone in their bowl.Sounds a bit mad unless you've read the book, but it's brilliant!
    Have fun,
    K

4. cleversticks by Benard Ashley

5. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

6. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I often read books about starting school eg :
    Harry and the Dinosaurs Go to School
    [​IMG]
    I am too absolutely small for school
    [​IMG]
    How do dinosaurs go to school?
    [​IMG]
    I won't go there again
    [​IMG]
    Lucy and Tom go to school
    [​IMG]
    This year, I'm also going to be introducing the children to my new favourite, Pete the Cat. I'm going
    read "Rocking in my School Shoes".
    [​IMG]