1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Books - conceiving

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by rll84, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Hello
    I was hoping to start trying last year but due to an overactive thyroid couldnt. After a positive blood test today, I am hoping we can start in June! am very excited! I was just wondering if there was any books people could recommend? Just to try and get my head around my periods/ovulation etc.
    Thanks

2. 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' is a good book. Another suggestion is not a book, but try taking a look at www.fertilityfriend.com. It's a website mainly used for tracking fertility signs such as your basal body temperature etc, but it has a lot of useful information on it especially if you sign up and choose to receive the e-mail fertility course (you get an e-mail everyday for a couple of weeks which 'teaches' you about cycles and fertile signs etc).
    Good luck on your TTC journey, very exciting. Feel free to come and join us on the Trying to Conceive thread, there's always a very supportive group of people on there!

3. Hi RLL, I was in the same situation as you, and finally got the go ahead to TTC last April. i got pregnant very quickly, but then had a MMC. After that I used fertility friend and started temping with internet cheaper OPK sticks, which really helped with getting to know my cycle. Now I'm 5 weeks pregnant! Good luck!