1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Booking a Cross Channel ferry this year?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by magic surf bus, Jan 1, 2012.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I decided to get organised this year and have booked our Dover-Calais ferry crossings for Easter and Summer a bit earlier than usual, ie today.

For those of you considering the same it is worth noting that SeaFrance has been in administration since mid-November and their ferry booking system is currently closed. A huge shame as their prices were good and their ferries generally smarter.

This is bound to put additional pressure on P&O and EuroTunnel bookings, so my advice to anyone considering crossing La Manche by bateau this year is to get in there and book as soon as possible. When the real rush starts the ferry prices will increase hourly - I've seen it.

And no, I don't have shares in P&O or Eurotunnel ;-)

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Worthy of keeping on page 1 for a while

3. I tried to book a crossing with PO this week but couldn't enter the dates. Got so fed up with their website.and gave up.