1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Book Recommendation

Discussion in 'Personal' started by purplecardigan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. I'm not sure where the best place to post this will be so I'll start here.
    I am looking for a book on puberty suitable for a boy approaching 13. I've seen a few on Amazon but ideally I want something that stresses hygiene and how to deal with spots etc besides the sexual side of things. Also, I would prefer something that doesn't assume all boys will have a heterosexual lifestyle.
    I would be grateful for any suggestions.

2. Adrian Mole?

3. Just what I was thinking. Otherwise just tell the poor child to wash...

4. I used 'Growing up' , an Usborne book by Susan Meredith with my boys. I read through it with them the summer they became 10 and then just left it on the shelf to read whenever they wanted to. One boy asked me questions, one read it all instead.
    I've since recommended this book to several friends and all of them have found it useful.
    Good luck - it's not easy for us but it's harder for them!

5. I used 'Growing up', an Usborne book by Susan Meredith with my boys the summer they became 10. I've since recommended it to several friends, who have all found it useful.
    Good luck

6. Thank you - I'll have a look at this one.

7. I recommend 'Living with a *****' by Nick Fisher. ISBN-13: 978-0330332484

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

[​IMG]

I imagine The Iron Lady could share a few thoughts on that topic..

Great book title.