1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Book on Creative Writing for KS2 and 3

Discussion in 'English' started by volewriter, Sep 30, 2018.

1. volewriter

volewriter New commenter

Apologies in advance if this sort of post isn't allowed on the forum, but I've just put together a collection of short-burst writing exercises I've used successfully in the classroom and popped them on Amazon. I was a professional novelist for 12 years before going back into teaching, so I've a thorough grounding in the subject and know a few insider tips. ;) As a teacher I've also worked with a wide range of abilities, so the exercises I've put together are all very structured and accessible, with lots of prompts to help those who are scared of the blank page. Everything's tried and tested, and the children really enjoyed the sessions.

If you struggle to come up with ideas for creative writing, or if you fancy setting up a creative writing club, it might be worth a look. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1723961175

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Naylm and hosianangis like this.
  2. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Totally allowed as far as I'm aware. No harm letting others know that practising teachers are creating resources. Best of luck and congratulations on putting yourself out there!

3. volewriter

volewriter New commenter

Thank you. X