1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Book key stage 2- short stories- different genres- science fiction, fantasy, adventure etc.

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by coopervj1, Jul 16, 2017.

1. coopervj1

coopervj1 New commenter

Is there a book for key stage 2, (7-11) that covers types of stories for children (short stories) e.g. different genres- science fiction, fairy tale, adventure etc.? It needs to shows them examples of each and be suitable for that age group. Any ideas?

2. never_expect_anything

never_expect_anything Occasional commenter

Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but there's a collection of books called 'Short and Shocking', 'Short and Scary' etc. I don't know if they cover the whole range of genres, but I understand there's one just called 'Short', which could be the kind of thing you're looking for... And they are aimed at upper KS2 age, I believe.

galerider123 likes this.
  3. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

Is this for recognizing genres in reading or to be able to write different genres?

4. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

BTW This should be posted in Primary!

5. coopervj1

coopervj1 New commenter

Fantastic the 'Short' story idea I've ordered it and will give it a go. I am trying to demonstrate different genres through short stories. Thanks for your help, I'm a new user so getting to grips with this.