1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Book ideas for outdoors topic

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, I work in a special school with secondary aged children working at early years level. Next term I'm planning an outdoors topic with lots of links to minibeasts. Does anyone have any ideas for books linked to the topic I could base my English around. We've done several short stories this term so I quite fancy something a bit longer we could really get our teeth into. Any great suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Loony tunes

Hi, I work in a special school with secondary aged children working at early years level. Next term I'm planning an outdoors topic with lots of links to minibeasts. Does anyone have any ideas for books linked to the topic I could base my English around. We've done several short stories this term so I quite fancy something a bit longer we could really get our teeth into. Any great suggestions?
    Thanks

3. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Do-They-When-Rains/dp/0863157491/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332253339&sr=8-1
    This one is lovely. Huge amounts of details in the illustrations, and lots to talk about: towns/countryside, minibeasts, relative size, farms, weather... all sorts.
    HTH,
    Kath

4. Loony tunes

Kath - that looks just the sort of thing I'm after. Thank you!