1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Book for teachers full of exciting, creative ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Feb 4, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Never heard of thinkers keys before, but love that. Thank you rosie, I'm going to use some of them in registration with year 2 next week. Will add something extra to my weekly rotation.

2. MutleyHarris

MutleyHarris New commenter

Thank you all very much for your help.
    [​IMG]

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You might like to look at this PPT I uploaded to TES resources a while ago:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Thinking-Keys-6073010/
    I used to get the children to write on whiteboards for most of the activities.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You are a STAR!!!! That is just perfect. I was thinking of putting some up onto a powerpoint, but it would never be as comprehensive as yours.

Perfect and thank you soooooo much!

5. marlin

I'm pleased you like the PPT - it took me hours to make! [​IMG]

6. I use this all the time - especially to challenge gifted thinkers. I use the morning starter powerpoints too - which have similar thought provoking slides.

7. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I've just followed the link and tried downloading the PPT, but my laptop wouldn't let me. It seems to think that it isn't a Powerpoint file. Do you know if anybody else has had problems?

8. marlin

It works fine for me and no-one else has said they have had problems. It is saved in the compatibility mode so it ought to work in the older and newer versions of PowerPoint. Is it too big at 8mb to try emailing to you?

9. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

It worked for me. And is fab.

Not surprised it took you hours.

10. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I tried opening it with my school laptop. Maybe it was just being temperamental. I'll have a go with our old PC instead.
    I've no idea! I'm not sure how to find out what my inbox would cope with - but it's very kind of you to offer. It sounds a fantastic resource.

11. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Thanks for the links to the thinkers keys ideas, folks and special thanks to marlin. An excellent resource.

12. marlin

Thanks Nick909 it's always good to get feedback. The PPT has been downloaded over a 1000 times but only 3 have left comments - it's good to hear that my hard work is appreciated! [​IMG]

13. i have downloaded your powerpoint and it is fab! Thank you, i am always amazed at the brilliant resources there are on here from teachers and often forget to leave any comments:( sorry i will def be more thoughtful in future x

14. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

No idea why it wouldn't work on the laptop, cos I've just downloaded it on the PC and it worked fine. It's a brilliant resource - I can't understand why there aren't more comments. It's frustrating, isn't it, when hundreds of people are happy to use somebody else's resource, but can't be bothered to say thank you.

15. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Now I feel really, really guilty. I use loads of resources from here and never leave comments. Didn't realise it meant so much to people.
    I will endeavour to leave comments in future...keep reminding me!

16. marlin

Glad you are sorted Cariad and thanks for the feedback! [​IMG]
    But you did leave a comment for my maths display!
    I check quite regularly to see if I have any feedback - also TES send weekly emails with latest figures of views and comments left. Usually works out at one comment per thousand views - at least for my resources - don't know if this is typical.

17. roise

roise New commenter

Fantastic resource, Thank you Marlin, I have left a review.

18. marlin

Thank you [​IMG]

19. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Really? Must have been a really outstanding one! I don't remember ever leaving comments...
    LOL so it is a bit like blogging where people start to measure their worth as individuals based on how many people read/comment?

20. roise

roise New commenter

Oh I thought of some more.

BEAM maths of the month also rather good

http://www.beam.co.uk/mathsofthemonth.php

There is a government produced collection of problems that are also cool here

http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/files_uploaded/uploaded_resources/12212/mathspuzzlesall.pdf

And if books are what you need I have used the writing and maths versions of these in Key Stage One and they have some really good creative activities that produce some great learning and are the best fun.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maths-Problem-Solving-Creative-Activities/dp/043996556X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1328473315&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Activities-Plot-Character-Setting/dp/043997111X/ref=pd_sim_b_4

You can get them through amazon uk but I don't know if they are available in Oz.