1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Book Banding

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JSTJPS, Sep 7, 2007.

1. We have just started to arrange our KS1 reading books using the 'Book Bands for guided reading' (3rd edition) colour bands. Of course we have many books that are not listed. Does anyone have or know where I can get a list of more titles that have been banded? We have many books from the Cmbridge Reading Series that are not listed as well as the more recent Oxford Reading Tree titles (e.g. Songbirds series) Any help appreciated!

2. We have just started to arrange our KS1 reading books using the 'Book Bands for guided reading' (3rd edition) colour bands. Of course we have many books that are not listed. Does anyone have or know where I can get a list of more titles that have been banded? We have many books from the Cmbridge Reading Series that are not listed as well as the more recent Oxford Reading Tree titles (e.g. Songbirds series) Any help appreciated!

3. There are two ways to solve your problem. Buy Individualised Reading by Cliff Moon which covers most other published schemes. Or go onto the publishers websites and they quite often show the national curriculum levels for each book or groups of books and they can be colour banded accordingly. Hope this helps as I have been doing the same job all summer.

4. Thanks for this. I've just been investigating Cliff Moon & publisher's websites.
    Cliff Moon seems to work on stage numbers. e.g. one document I was looking at referred to 'Book Bands Pink & Red' being equivalent to 'Cliff Moon Stages 0 - 6'. Is it easy to convert the stage numbers to band colours?

5. Has anyone bookbanded the Ginn All Aboard series? I know it is old - but wondered if anyone had already done this in a word document or otherwise who would be able to email it to me? <----feeling hopeful! I know I can do this with the Cliff Moon book but I am finding this difficult to locate in my new school. Any ideas before I start ordering the Book Bands and doing the obvious trawl through that so many Literacy Co-ordinators must have done before me!
    Please help...I know that wheel has already been invented somewhere!

ukhippychick@yahoo.co.uk

6. Most of the All Aboard Books are listed in the 'Book Bands for Guided Reading 3rd edition' book.I have Band 1 (Pink) & Band 2 (Red) ones listed in word documents along with other info that you don't really want but I'll mail it to you and you can extract what you need!

7. Hi,
    Real long shot here as this post is so old!
    I'm trying to book band Ginn All Aboard and would really appreciate some help. If you still have that document I would be so grateful for a copy. You can contact me at Tribesister@aol.com
    Thank you,
    Amanda

8. roise

roise New commenter

My favourite book banding site is this one
    http://www.six.somerset.gov.uk/sixv3/ks3booklevelling/ even though it says ks3 they level book the whole way through and using it I have been able to add lots of great stories by decent authors to my reading book selection. We use reading recovery levels so it is particularly useful to us but if you look in your book banding handbooks they show how they match up.

9. Hi. I'm in the same position trying to book band old books in my new school. Tried the website you suggested but doesn't appear to be the correct url. Any ideas on Sunshine books, published by heinemann in the 80s. I've contacted publishers with no success and googled it obvoiusly?
    Thanks

10. I've just tried the somerset website and it worked fine for me.

11. KirstyatGolfhill

KirstyatGolfhill New commenter

Hi ... I am doing the same book Banding of ginn all aboard - if you get this I'd really appreciate your word document with the pink and red books too - email is gw09chamberskirsty2@glow.sch.uk

12. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Songbirds are already banded