1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bonkers things cats do

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ivartheboneless, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

2. Duke of York

3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

We had two cats which we rescued a couple of years apart and they took an instant dislike to each other. One of their spectacular displays was to start fighting at the top of the stairs, wrap each other in such a way that they were entwined like the two sections of a tennis ball and proceed to roll down the stairs, noisily. An odd coloured tennis ball with two tails!! :D

4. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Boxes - any, and I mean any box - they want to sit in, crawl into, squeeze into.

5. Duke of York

6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

We were visiting the grandmoggy last week, and she jumped into a shopping basket and stared at us, as if to say "Look at me!" . Cute.

primarycat likes this.
  7. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Senior commenter

I have been trained by my three cats (one is 21 years old , dear me) to put food in their dish every time I pass the sacred spot. I find myself opening a sachet and tipping it in, even though there is not a cat in sight.
    In return they bring me dead mice.
    I'm not doing very well out of the deal.

8. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

I once had a rescue cat which vomited fairly often through its life. When I was renting and worried about the carpets, I placed some free carpet samples around and whenever I heard the glock-glock-glocking noise start up, I’d dash to slip a carpet tile in front of him. He got so used to vomiting on carpet tiles that even when I bought a place of my own, and had easy-clean laminate flooring in some rooms, he’d do a last-minute dash of his own to find some carpet or rug to be sick on...

He was intensely greedy, having been starved as a kitten, and could never leave food uneaten. He totally destroyed one of those timed-feeding devices the first time I tried it, ripping the lids off it and kicking it round the kitchen. To slow him down, I used to serve him dinner in two bowls about a foot apart, as he swapped after every other mouthful or so to the bowl that had more food left, sometimes with the food falling out of his mouth en route in his haste to eat everything up. Ah, he’s fondly remembered, despite his awful habits.

JL48, sodalime, Corvuscorax and 3 others like this.
  9. Duke of York

10. Duke of York

11. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Any box...and I mean any!

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  12. Duke of York

13. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Have a major fight (siblings) during the night and I had to intervene and then this afternoon they are cuddled up together.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  14. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

they obviously have some concerns about your development.

Cats bring you live mice if they beleive you have reached a stage of intelligence, speed and coordination where you might be able to start to practice catching and killing it for yourself.

If they accept you are a hopeless case, they will bring you dead ones.

sodalime, Marshall, Grandsire and 2 others like this.
  15. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Cat in a box (somebody mentioned boxes, so I put one out for him).
    Catinaboxsmall.JPG

JL48, sodalime, Marshall and 4 others like this.
  16. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

Is that your avatar?

17. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

What a handsome boy!

My two don’t get any joy at all from boxes. It’s very sad. Every other cat I’ve ever owned has leapt into any suitable box (as well as unsuitable ones...), but this pair of moggies show zero interest. They obviously grew up in a box-deprived environment.

18. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

He is a handsome chap. I'm so pleased he returned home .
    One of my cats called whisky slept on top of a tall kitchen cupboard and curled up in the wok that lived there . He loved it . We had to get a different wok.
    Another cat of mine once brought in the back half of rat that was dead . That wasn't fun !

primarycat likes this.
  19. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Ta. He was having a rest after just killing my slippers (again).

sodalime and primarycat like this.
  20. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

One of mine behaves like a dog - she comes when called - at a gallop! She licks me like a dog does.

sodalime and primarycat like this.