1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bonkers things cats do

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ivartheboneless, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

As a recent person to be adopted by a cat, but a whole of life animal lover, I am fascinated by some of the bonkers things he does. Obviously he is used to a routine now and knows when it is feeding time. I try to give him variety in the grub department, but forgot it was Friday today and did not give him his fish (catlick, you see! The cat, not me, though "lapsed"). He can be playful and a bit bitey, but only play bites, as having felt his teeth and claws I'm sure he could do real damage if he wanted. I laugh at the way he leaps into the air after his frog-on-a-stick. But he seems to really like my slippers. If I take them off he is straight in putting his face and paws in one they lying down on it. They are not smelly, I don't have stinky feet. Bonkers cat. And he really likes cheese, any sort so far. He comes and lies on me sometimes, other times he skulks under the bed all day. He is not going out much, but I expect he will when it gets warmer again.

2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Here you are. For balance, a cool calm composed cat gif. The sort who has his own butler.

[​IMG]

3. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I love cats, but they are unfathomable sometimes.
    Why do they chase after a bird which is so far down the garden that they have NO chance of catching it? But they ignore the bird just next above them on the fence?
    My favourite thing is the Chinese story which says cats were given the whole world to rule, but it was too much like hard work, so they handed the job over to humans instead.

sodalime, towncryer, Laphroig and 6 others like this.
  4. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

8030247D-36FA-4821-9056-A0DA9C4AA853.jpeg

Spot the cat game

5. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

they are probably soft and warm and smell of you

primarycat and 7eleven like this.
  6. Corvuscorax

why does mine run off with all my hair bands?

7. Corvuscorax

Why does mine hide socks?

8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

They are all inherently dishonest

[​IMG]

9. Corvuscorax

Why do mine sit on the kitchen side knocking things off? rip wall paper down? pee on the doormat every day? try and get into the fridge? pull down the net curtains?

How can it sound so much like they are killing each other, and when I go running in to pull them apart, I find only one of them is actually in the room and the other is curled up asleep upstairs?

How can they change their mind so regularly and absolutely about which type of cat food is acceptable? Why will they sleep anywhere except the lovely warm cozy cat beds I've bought them Why do they chew my buttons off? How do they always get cat hair in the butter?

How can they be so desperate to go outside and then be finished with the whole excursion is under 10 seconds?

How can they look so beseeching with one paw on my arm and both eyes wide open? How is it they expect me to always know exactly what they are talking about?

Why do they love me and trust me so much?. How do they make me love them so much?

10. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Mine are currently obsessed with sleeping with me, on me, on my pillow. They will not move when I want to turn over!!!

11. Corvuscorax

one of mine always creeps under my duvet when I have got up, and sleeps there all day sometimes. I have to always be careful to remember to pull back the duvet and check before I sit on the bed.

7eleven and Marshall like this.
  12. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Mine like to sit on me whilst they wash themselves - that's OK but it's when they start picking their paws and spitting 'stuff' out that I draw the line!

13. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

[​IMG]
    This is my Jerry. A perfectly normal photo you may think, but this is not his cat flap...

Piscean1, sodalime, Norsemaid and 7 others like this.
  14. 7eleven

7eleven Senior commenter

I love this thread so much. I find it funny when it’s raining out of the front door, so they run to the back door...only to be horrified when it’s raining there as well!

I’m worried about my cat at the moment. We’re having a massive extension built and he’s getting stressed and spending a lot of time under my bed. I think he’s pulled some of his fur out as well as he’s got a huge bald patch on his back and I’m finding big clumps of fur on the floor. I’ve bought a new felliway today and vets tomorrow, I think.

Marshall and Corvuscorax like this.
  15. Corvuscorax

have you got felliway spray or diffuser? I use the diffuser sometimes, but find the spray works much faster in tense moments. Just gently and calmly making a little puff in the air in close vacintiy of the cat, followed by a little spray onto the closest hard surfaces.

16. welshwales

welshwales Occasional commenter

Ditto- mine actually wraps his paws around my arm so I can't move ;)

7eleven and Marshall like this.
  17. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

18. Corvuscorax

19. Corvuscorax

have you seen this cat saving its little owner from a dog attack? Its a bit upsetting

ps, seriously, do not ever ever allow a cat to sleep with a newborn baby...

20. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter